Over the weekend I wrote a Vista gadget that will display the last traded price and the change in price of three Indian stocks based on Yahoo India.
Currently, this does screen scraping of Yahoo site based on the symbols you provide. I have used some pictures from the default Stock Gadget from Microsoft to make this gadget. But it is nowhere near as good as the Microsoft one, but then you have the source code of this one and you can change it or improve it for your needs. Also currently the Symbols.xml need to be on the current user desktop for this to work, which is a temporary workaround.
1. Normal Gadget stuff in the .gadget directory zip
2. Source code of COM object that does the actual screen scraping in the other zip. You either need to build this of register the object for the gadget to work.
3. You will need Vista RC1 for this to work.
1. Make the UI look better. Since my skills with HTML and CSS are very limited, any help in this area is highly appreciated.
2. Make some way of handling the Stocks via Gadget Settings, instead of Symbols.xml
3. Handle more than 3 stocks. This is currently a UI restriction than a code restriction. So again would need HTML/CSS/Jscript help.
4. Look at hosting code out of Codeplex or SF.net. But for first version, this is hosted out of my blog.