I just read about this new reading device from Amazon called the Kindle.
I found quite a few interesting technical aspects to it:
1. It uses cellphone technology for data, thus you dont need to be at a wifi hotspot for it to work and all of this does not cost you what a data plan does.
2. The device it self seems to be very small and carryable, atleast in the video.
3. You can read not only books, but also newspaper, mags and blogs. Though it does look like the number of blogs are pre-selected from the information avbl now. You also get some newspapers and mags delivered for free by Amazon.
4. You can read some of the common doc formats like Word etc. But you will have to mail it to the device and Amazon seems to be charging some fee to convert it to a Kindle compatible format.
Some areas that I would like more improvement
1. Make it possible to setup a list of blogs you are interested in and get those on the device
2. Somehow allow the device to connect to a PC via USB so that I can also download documents into it without having to pay Amazon everytime
3. It currently looks to be a BW screen. Now sure if this is a good way to read books that may have a lot of images etc.
4. It is very pricey for what it does. I would be willing to look at this device at a round a $100 price point.